Friday 5 May 2017

It's World Press Freedom Day!!

Okay so today i'm gonna share with you guys about World Press Freedom Day that was held on the 3rd May 2017 that I attended the other day. So basically this was my first ever World Press Freedom Day and it was actually really interesting and I was actually glad to have been able to attend this time around. I was actually quite shocked to find out about this event that happens every year on the 3rd of one specific month.



Also what surprised me was that I found out that our universiti Unisel was one of the universities that took part in every World Press Freedom Day! Oh I forgot to mention! This time the event was held at Karangkraf which was much more fun for me. It was my first time ever going to a company that is well established and the fact that I was there.

(All the VIP'S taking a photo together before starting the event)


We received goodie bags and it was such a pleasure to here them talk about different things and from different perspectives. There were four panelists that gave about 10-15 minutes of sharing of information at what they do best and they shared their experiences with their jobs and the freedom to express and so on. Then they also had students from UITM Shah Alam and as well as our students from Unisel to have a few presentation.


Basically I learned so much from this event and I actually learned on what its like to be a journalist out in the field and all the risks that you'll be taking when you actually are one. I have always wanted to be a journalist and this really helped me out a lot. I would like to thank my lecterur Sir Khalil who made this happen.


-Qistina

No comments:

Post a Comment